Want to learn more about the Marine Park? Come for the free Marine Park Public Talks by Dr Karenne Tun, Marcus Ng, Koh Kwan Siong and Ria Tan!
Venue: Function Hall, Botany Centre, Singapore Botanic Gardens
- “Corals reefs of Singapore”
by Dr Karenne Tun, Deputy Director, Coastal and Marine, National Biodiversity Centre, National Parks Board
- “Heritage of the Southern Islands”
by Marcus Ng, co-curator of ‘Balik Pulau: Stories from Singapore’s Islands’
30 Oct (Fri): Marine Park Public Talks: Series 2
- “Flora of the Southern islands”
A brief introduction to coastal forests, mangroves and seagrasses of the South by Koh Kwan Siong, Biodiversity Manager, National Biodiversity Centre, National Parks Board
- “Singapore got marine life meh?”
A brief introduction to Singapore’s marine ecosystems and threats to them by Ria Tan, wildsingapore
About the public talks
- These talks are intended to provide background on the Marine Park covering biodiversity, heritage and other issues. They will include hands-on interactive sessions.
- Talks are open to anyone including those who only want to learn more about the Marine Park
- More about the speakers at the Public Talks: http://sistersislandmarinepark.blogspot.com/2015/09/registration-now-open-2015-training-for.html